Families love to return to the house after a long day at the hospital to smell freshly baked cookies. Volunteers are needed to bake homemade or pre-prepared cookies or snacks in our kitchen and bag them individually for families. Making treats is a great team-building project for co-workers, churches and community supporters.
Supplies for Cookie Baking
Items Your Group Provides:
- If cooking from scratch, all baking ingredients
- Pre-prepared cookie dough from grocery store (must come from a commercial, health department inspected kitchen; cannot be prepared in individual homes)
- Sandwich bags to package cookies for individuals
Items FedExFamilyHouse Provides:
- Food preparation gloves (gloves must be or worn at all times when handling food)
- Cookie baking sheets/pans
- Cooking utensils such as spatulas, spoons, etc.
- Viking ovens