We made a promise when FedExFamilyHouse opened in 2010, that it would be a place of hope and healing for out-of-town families of Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital patients. Since then more than 103,000 family members have called FedExFamilyHouse home while their child is treated at Le Bonheur.
As Le Bonheur’s programs have grown, so has the demand for housing – and we need your help to fulfill our promise. FedExFamilyHouse is often at 100 percent capacity. No family should have to worry about housing when their child is critically ill. For every family who gets a room at FedExFamilyHouse, there are at least four more waiting.
That’s why we have plans to triple the size of FedExFamilyHouse. We need help from the community to give families a place of comfort and respite. Please consider a gift to the $12 million expansion campaign. Make a gift online.
FedExFamilyHouse Expansion Facts
- Four-story addition connected to the current building
- Will triple the current size
- 21 new suites
- 30 new hotel-style rooms for short visits
- Community spaces to gather
- $12 million project
- Opening 2018
A Growing Need
- Often at 100 percent capacity
- More than 30 families on a continuous waiting list
- Lengths of stay for families of children in critical care increasing
- Keeping families is vital to helping their child heal
- Le Bonheur’s out-of-town patient visits increasing at more than 3 percent each year over the next five years
Expansion Campaign Committee
Bob and Denise Henning
Dr. Jonathan Ellichman